With the recent influx of social media video outlets, now is a better time than ever to jump on the video marketing bandwagon. Sites like Vine provide an excellent and punctual method to deliver your company message and with the added possibility of exposure to over millions of people worldwide. There are around five great options that will be outlined here:
- Vine – Lets you record and share a simple 6 second video loop to social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. An example of this shown by Gap: https://vine.co/v/bDhWjYlz25l
- Instagram – Taking inspiration from Vine, Instagram now have a very similar video clip option to share on their social media network. Instagram’s version does take the edge in this battle, however, as it includes a simple editing tool with it as well. An example of this shown here by Burberry: http://instagram.com/p/d1ho4oRJBR/
- Facebook – Verified Facebook users can create up to 20 minutes of HD video content to be shareable through the platform. This is a great option for a longer message and is utilized by marketing giants such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Skittles and more. This has also been shown to, in some cases, outperform the likes of YouTube in sheer user exposure and likes. An example of this shown by Coca-Cola here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151739369823306&set=vb.40796308305&type=3&theater
- Google+ – Google hangouts are a relatively new way to broadcast your message, with the ability to host 10 people into a “hangout” session via webcam. Not only can you share both your screen and what is seen by your webcam, but you can also record entire sessions to be shared later via any social network of your choosing. A recorded session example of a Google Hangout done by ASOS is shown here:
- YouTube – Finally the name we all know and love; YouTube provides a great platform to deliver your business message, as well as giving you the ability to share it through almost every other social media platform you can think of. Not only do you gain exposure for your business, but videos that go viral can also receive a significant profit via Google Adsense.
With these options, you can now market in ways never before thought possible. Millions of potential customers at the click of a button, and all for next to no cost for your business.