Always make a good habit to backup your WordPress before any update. At least you will be able to retrieve your data if any mishap do happens.
It just takes a few easy steps to backup your WordPress data (.sql) and XML file content.
- Make sure you have the plugin WordPress DB Backup installed.
- Go to Backup under Tools, Click on Backup now!Download to your computer” being selected.
- Save the downloaded file (.sql) into a backup folder.
- Go to Export under Tools. Select All content under Choose what to export.
- Save the exported file (.xml) into a backup folder.